Mesa County Recording
Tina M. Peters


  • The Recording Division is open to the public for all services.

  • Marriage Licenses-
    • We ask the couple to complete the application online prior to visiting our office.
    • Both parties to the marriage must appear in person to apply for a marriage license. If one of the parties cannot appear in person, that individual will need to complete an Application for Marriage License Absentee Affidavit.
    • $30.00 Cash Only license fee; other fees may apply.
  • Searching
    • Indexed from 1968 – current.
    • Grantor/Grantee (Alpha Index) books online from 3/1883.
    • Document images back to 3/1883 by reception number.
    • Certified copies.

If you are preparing to file your income taxes and need previous vehicle registration information and property tax statements, you can obtain receipts online. It’s simple and easy; visit for vehicle receipts and for property tax receipts.



                   Recording a Document

Fraud alert.jpg                                         Fraud Alert


Search for public record.jpg

                           Search Public Records




                                Common Forms


Read our check policy. Versión en español aquí









Elections - (970) 244-1662 | Motor Vehicle - (970) 244-1664 

Recording - (970) 244-1679 | Clerk to the Board - (970) 244-1896

200 S Spruce St, Grand Junction, Colorado 81501