Mesa County Elections needs temporary workers to help us during an active election cycle. Work hours and days are based on your assignment. This could be as early as a month before each election and last through Election Day. These positions are paid by Mesa County.
Requirements for Election Judges:
- 18 years of age or older
- Registered to vote in Colorado
- A resident of Colorado
- Physically and mentally able to perform the duties
- Free of any conviction for fraud or election offenses
- Pass a background check
- Take an oath of office
- Available full time as needed during the election period, including some weekend days
- Not a candidate or a family member of a candidate on the ballot
- Attend all required trainings
- Arrange own transportation to and from work location
- Provide own meals/beverages for shift
If you are under 18 years old and would like to be an election judge, check out our Student Election Judge Program.
Interested in being an Election Judge?
If you are interested in being an election judge, please complete this Temporary Election Judges Interest Form and email back to our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at our office, Mesa County Elections, 200 S Spruce Street, Grand Junction, CO 81501 (West Entrance)
If you have any questions please call our office at (970) 244-1662.