Top Image Mesa County Home
Motor Vehicle
New Residents  

What is Required if I'm Moving Here from Out of State?

bullet.jpgRegistration is required in Colorado, 90 days after you become a resident
bullet.jpgWhen is registration required?  Upon becoming a resident, upon purchase, or when your vehicle has been here for 60 days. 

When Registering Here

Visit our Motor Vehicle Office and be sure to bring the following with you:

bullet.jpgVehicle (or bring a completed VIN Inspection form)
bullet.jpgTitle - If your title is being held by the bank/lien holder you will need to let us know when you visit the office
bullet.jpgProof of Insurance - You must have Colorado Insurance when you renew your plates
bullet.jpgSecure and Verifiable Identification
bullet.jpgAppropriate funds
bullet.jpgLocal Check
      bullet.jpgCounter Checks are not accepted
      bullet.jpgCredit Card Checks are not accepted 
bullet.jpgCredit Card  (processing fee is collected)
bullet.jpgDebit Card (processing fee is collected)

Mesa County Logo with Text  Follow Us On  
Facebook Icon   Twitter Icon   Email Icon 
        Mesa County Home           Comments/Feedback          Copyright/Disclaimer/Privacy           Webmaster