Welcome! How can we help you?
The Motor Vehicle Division titles and registers vehicles and assists with recording motor vehicle liens.
Renew your plates online or call our office at 970-244-1664 to renew your license plates over the phone.
Do you need help buying or selling a vehicle?
Title your vehicle using one of these checklists.
- If you have a Colorado title and purchased this vehicle from a private party, use this checklist as a guide.
- If you have an Out of State Title and purchased this vehicle from a private party, use this checklist as a guide.
- If you purchased a vehicle for cash from a Colorado dealership, use this checklist as a guide.
- If you are a new resident, use this checklist as a guide.
- If you need to obtain plates by mail and have received a title complete notice from our office, use this checklist as a guide.
Motor Vehicle records are protected by the Federal Driver Protection Privacy Act (DPPA). All record searches must go through the Department of Revenue.
Do you need information/help with a manufactured home transaction?
Are you interested in learning about the fees that make up your registration costs?
Do you need to know the sales tax rate?
Do you need an estimate on the plates for the vehicle you just brought home? Bill of Sale No Notary
Do you want additional information on registering and/or titling Special Mobile Machinery (SMM)?
Would you like information on registering your boat, ATV or snowmobile?
Quick Tips on avoiding long wait times or multiple trips:
Get your number (login to the queuing system) before 4:30 p.m.
Visit our office midweek, earlier in the day and early in the month. Check our chart to avoid the busiest times of the day .
Are you listed as the owner? If not you may need a Power of Attorney.
Be sure you have Secure and Verifiable Identification.
Bring your proof of insurance.
Make sure you have a bill of sale with your title if the purchase price was not noted on the title.
Other Questions please call us, visit our office or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org